Saturday, July 18, 2009

this not about love, 'cause I am not in love*

The random texter texted again, despite being ignored last week. I don't know if it is the singer, but it might very well be.

this time, it was a comparison, a joke, an observation. I loved it and felt the thrill of being wooed by words, but again, I did not respond, I did not let it run my day, I noticed it and carried on with the things I had to do, spending maybe ten minutes discussing it at dinner with my friends.

later, I was urged to tell the timeline of our interactions, to find some meaning to it all, and in doing that, we discovered his songs, which I have already consumed, but happily did again, because despite his inability to find love when it is staring him in the face and showing up to hear him sing, he can sing about it very well.

this means nothing without him doing the work to get to know me and a random text or two is not enough.

*lyric from "not about love" by Fiona Apple

No comments: