Monday, July 20, 2009

the good news

He prefaced it with, you're not gonna like what I have to tell you. And then he said the words I didn't know I'd been waiting to hear, that I knew without knowing were going to come, and for some reason, it was like a burden lifted from me, and it just made me feel happier.

the burnham is moving to new york to live with his new girlfriend.

And I say good for him. I am glad for him. I truly am.

There is always going to be a part of me that loves him, for who he was for me, for the times we had, but I am really done with that relationship. I will probably never speak to him again. Sometimes I think about the good times, and I miss the good times, but the bad times haven't worn off yet, the immense abyss of things we lacked as a couple is still there, pulsing under the strained surface of those good memories.

And really, it has been almost nine months and my life feels like it is just reborn. I look back on last year with confusion and surprise, that I was seduced into complacency by someone who had already fooled me once before.

No comments: